March 20, 2007

Curry School

Last week Neil and I attended a class at the local community college called "World of Curries." It was a fantastic night of learning, smelling and tasting! (We missed you Chris and Katherine!)

This is my favorite recipe of the night:

Chiangmai Curry
30 ml oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp Red Curry Paste
125 ml coconut milk
120 gm lean pork sliced/chicken breast sliced
2.5 cm piece ginger root, minced
30 ml stock
15 ml fish sauce
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp tumeric powder
2 tsp lemon or lime juice

Heat oil and lightly fry garlic, add curry paste and cook for a few seconds. Stir in the coconut milk and cook until liquid starts to reduce. Add pork or chicken, stir well until meat is well coated. Add ginger, stock, fish sauce, sugar, tumeric and lemon/lime juice. Continue cooking until meat is fully cooked. Serve with rice.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a nightmare. Curry. Death. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, I miss our curry nights. Come to think of it I think we only actually succeeded in pulling off one curry night. Still, the thought was there. We'll have curry night when next we see each other. I'll have to try this recipe. Good idea to do a whole course on curry. I think Chris and I will have to follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...