February 10, 2010

It's the little things

Sometimes people are just really thoughtful and I'm always so grateful when I'm on the receiving end of it. A few things have happened lately that have made me appreciate the small, kind things that people do:

1. A girlfriend stopped by and brought me a new oil for my lamp ring because she knows I love smelly things and she saw this one on sale and thought of me.

2. My mother in law called to confirm my due date and exactly what I would be needing when the baby is born because she didn't want to take any more shifts at work when she knew I would be needing help.

3. A lady I don't know very well at church stopped me on Sunday to tell me what a beautiful pregnant lady I am (yeah... thanks!) I appreciate compliments from "strangers" because they tell you things because they really think them, not because they think it's what you'd like to hear.

4. After I was sick a couple weeks ago a girlfriend called to ask how I was recovering and apologize that she didn't even know I had been ill and if there was anything I needed. So cute! Like it's her responsibility to know.

5. Any time Neil makes the bed (and he's doing it a lot lately). He knows I love the bed made and often when I'm in the shower or making breakfast he sneaks away to make it.

I really need to work on being more kind and act on the thoughts and ideas I have, I'm grateful for those around me that show me how to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight up now tell me...