April 21, 2010

I want your opinion

Ok, I bought this amazing, adorable and fantastic yellow hoodie at Aritzia in Winnipeg last summer. I spent more on it than is morally reasonable but I love it, love it, love it! Last week Porter got strawberries on it so I took it down and put spot remover on the strawberries. SOMEHOW I forgot about it and didn't throw it in the wash until later the next day. Well you can imagine my DEVASTATION when I realized that the spot remover had slightly bleached the spots where the strawberries were. SERIOUSLY. I was (and still am) so mad I could spit.

So, these are my options:

I live with this hoodie (which by the way is basically brand new because I wasn't able to wear it all fall/winter while I was pregnant, so I JUST started wearing it again, *whimper, whimper*) with the slightly bleached out spots (and there's a lot of them) and HATE myself every time I wear it, OR bite the bullet and cough up the dough for a new one (assuming they still have that color and my size) and just forget the whole thing ever happened and go on loving my new hoodie like it's the one I originally bought. I don't like either option. I thought if I prayed hard enough and washed it again the spots would be gone but they're not, go figure.

What would you do?!

4 comments:

  1. I'd need to see just how bad the spots are, maybe they're not as bad as you think they are. Show it to me when I come over later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle,
    I've done the same thing but to one of Addyson's new outfit's and it not only stained it, it ate a hole right through it. Maybe we could do a sweater charity and earn you enough money to buy a new one. Lol. but on a more serious note if you love the sweater that much I think you deserve to buy a new one. Really how often do us mom's do something for our selves, so I think bite the bullet and buy your self a new one and maybe shop around on the internet to see if you can find it on there for a lower price..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any way to cover them with something cutesy? All those home made Flowers and stuff are in right now. Would that work? BUMMER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sad story. I say buy another one because after you buy it you really won't miss the money. And if you don't you'll always remember how bad you feel about it. But justify it in your mind somehow--like, ok, we won't go out for dinner, or, "It's my reward for living as a single mom in Edmonton for a whole summer."

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...