I used a screwdriver to take it all apart - my dad informed me a butter knife is not an acceptable tool for such jobs. Whaaa? When she was all in pieces I lightly sanded the whole thing, primed it with spray primer and began the spray painting.
When I placed it all back together I noticed that the tops of the boxes -where I purposely didn't paint- were showing and it looked really terrible.
I didn't have any spray paint left so I considered my options. I could either go buy another can of paint, carefully tape it off and spray the edges or I could run to Michaels and try and find a craft paint that matched. I chose the latter and couldn't believe the amazing match I found. It's EXACTLY the same color.I carefully painted the edges and then had my
When everything was good and dry I put it all back together (with a screwdriver) and attached the adorable knobs I bought from The Jasmine Room.
I am so thrilled with how it turned out. I think it's adorable and much prettier than the drab box I purchased.
And because we all love a before and after: