My momma commented to me today that I hadn't blogged in forever. With 3 birthdays, Christmas and New Years in the month of December I thought I was doing pretty good just brushing my teeth every day. Sorry to those that have missed my blog (mom, that's probably just you!) So to show that I'm still here I thought I'd share this little survey I came across on my friend Heather's blog a few weeks ago BUT since it's Christmas in TWO SLEEPS I'm going to try and make the whole thing all about CHRISTMAS!
4 Christmas shows I watch:
1. Prep and Landing (it's Porter's favorite)
2. White Christmas - my mom and I watched it every year together, aww.
3. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
4. The Muppet's Christmas Carol - we're trying to make Porter fall in love with it
4 Christmas things I am passionate about:
1. Being with family
3. Driving around to look at lights
4. Primarily, the celebration of the birth of my Savior, it's CHRISTmas!
4 Christmas phrases I say a lot:
1. Merry Christmas!
2. Are you a baby elf? (To which Porter replies - "No, I have a pension!")
3. I hate this song! (I'm sorry, Christmas music isn't my favorite.)
4. I have a surprise for you!
4 things I have learned from the past Christmases:
1. Neil is a way better gift giver than I am.
2. It's so fun to start family traditions of your own!
3. I always start too late - next year, next year.
4. I always feel like I should have done more.
4 places I'd like to go: for Christmas
1. I'd love to spend a Christmas with my side of the family - we'll make it work soon!
2. Some people we know are on a cruise right now, sounds like a great Christmas to me!
3. I would love to have Christmas in a secluded snowy cabin somewhere, it just sounds cozy.
4. At the risk of being cheesy - anywhere Neil and my boys are. It's Christmas anywhere as long as you're with those you love the most.
4 Christmas things I did yesterday:
1. Finished sewing Porter's blanket - it's got all kinds of sports balls on it, he's going to love it.
2. Made chocolate/pretzel treats with Neil and Porter
3. Watched Elf
4. Oooooooh! Dug into my nuts and bolts from my SIL Mandy!! :)
4 Christmas things I am looking forward to:
1. Telling Porter that, YES it IS Christmas morning! (He's been asking every morning for about 2 weeks!)
2. Watching Neil open all his gifts, I think I have a few surprises this year.
3. Watching Porter open his gifts, I don't think he's really going to pay attention to what it is, just as long as it's a present to open!
4. Spending the day loving my family -I love how Christmas day feels.
4 things on my Christmas wish list:
1. New key fobs for the van - no point having a remote starter that you can't remotely start.
2. Slippers that will LAST - I wear them CONSTANTLY and go through pairs like wild fire.
3. Dior makeup, or a gift certificate for some. It's beautiful stuff.
4. Toms shoes.
Well MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone! I hope you are spending it with those you love! I'll try not to be so absent next week!