January 5, 2012

I’m about to change your life

I pinned this on Pinterest a while back but hadn’t got around to trying it out until today. My sister in law Mandy tried it and says it works but I was still skeptical. But, it works! And I’m excited about it.

Did you know you can make your own microwave popcorn by… putting your popcorn in the microwave?! Haha, it sounds simple and it is! I bought some brown lunch sacs at the dollar store and I put about 1/4 cup of popcorn into one (just enough for a snack for my kids), rolled the top down twice and then put it in my microwave. That’s it. I did the typical microwave popcorn thing where you just listen until there’s a second or two between pops and then take it out. I honestly couldn’t believe it when I opened the bag - it was popcorn!

It was easy, there was no appliance to drag out, no loud roar of an air popper and no chemical-y coating in my mouth from the store bought stuff. It was easy, mess free, fast, and my kids can eat it straight from the bag.

I’m sure you’re just as skeptical as I was so let me know if you give it a try!

DSC00507

2 comments:

Straight up now tell me...