February 13, 2012

color activity

When I saw this idea on pinterest I knew I would soon be making one. I’ve been working on colors, numbers, letters, etc. with Rigby and I thought this would be a fun way to memorize colors, not to mention work on his fine motor skills with the clothes pins. I bought a pack of 50 clothes pins from the dollar store and I collected the paint samples from Cloverdale Paint for free. I already had the glue gun and glue at home so this little project cost me a whopping – $1.

I collected 2 of each paint sample strips, one to cut and one to pin to. I cut small sections from one and then glued them to clothes pins.

DSC00636DSC00637

I only did four sections from each color strip as the lighter colors are very similar and harder for little eyes to distinguish between. Plus, that’s a whole lotta clothes pins to store.

DSC00639

This isn’t the favorite toy around but we have had fun pinning the pegs and talking about the colors. I’d be lying if I said some of them are not already wrecked but for $1 I don’t feel like this is something I have to treasure.
 DSC00641

It’s a fun little activity that both Rigby and Porter have used, definitely worth the time and the dollar.

I can't write a post about colors and not make a color-blind joke – this activity is something we don’t let Neil play. We don’t need his help around here when learning colors. :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so clever, but you beat me asking how Neil did when he tried it!! If Porter did all of those it means he is not colorblind! Hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...