March 31, 2010

Drugs

I consider myself a very healthy person. I rarely visit the doctor and my prescription drug history is a short list of birth control and some medication I needed for a case of shingles (which also gave me a whole week off work while feeling relatively fine. Awesome.) Anyway, as was the case with Porter I have visited the doctor more since having Rigby than I have all year. The after effects of having a baby kinda wreak havoc on my body, as I'm sure is the case with lots of gals. It's never anything really serious, just little things that need to be tended to. This is the fruit basket of pills I am currently taking daily. I had to document it because I think it's hilarious and ridiculous.



The three beige capsules are Acidophilus probiotic bacteria cultures which are helping me fight the thrush that Rigby and I have.

The two brown capsules are Grapefruit Seed Extract which is also helping fight the yeast.

The small white pill is Diflucan which is an actual prescription to fight thrush. (Side note: Porter and I had THE WORST case of thrush that lasted for about 3 months. When I realized Rigby and I had it I started doing everything under the sun to get rid of it.)

The pink pill is my prenatal vitamin which is important postnatal too. :)

The two red capsules are stool softeners (I'm just being honest here!)

And finally the two bigger white pills are antibiotics for a bladder infection I just incurred.



This may all be too much information but I seriously have to laugh. Porter watches me pop all these pills and I'm sure he's just making memories of his mother, the druggie.

5 comments:

  1. bah that looks horrible... lol but your right i laughed out loud haha... hope your feeling better soon darling....

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the red pills I knew what they were...just being honest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you Michelle. You can beat this! The 1st step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Now you can start moving forward! Hee hee! I'm SORRY for you my love!!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, DRUGEEEE! Don't worry, we've all been there with the little red pills. Most people hide them, though, not blog about them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't those red pills candy? You'd think that after the way I took them. Good for you for being proactive about getting rid of the thrush.

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...