September 21, 2010

And in the end

As our summer here comes to a close (5 more sleeps) I can't help but reflect on the last 5 months and think about all the things I have loved here and the things I am happy to kiss goodbye.

I've made a little list-

things I will miss
  • the girls - I LOVE the ladies I get to spend every summer with, I wish they all lived right in my backyard
  •  living close to family I don't get to see often enough, this summer has been awesome to spend so much time with them
  • the gym just one floor above me - I'm afraid my physical fitness is going to take a serious turn for the worse
  • my PVR, seriously, how did I ever live without one?
  • the AMAZING view from our apartment windows
  • our en suite bathroom
  • the fireplace in our living room, it's beautiful and warm 
  • super friendly Edmontonians and this beautiful city in general
  • Chantal's neighbors - let's just say they sure kept us entertained

things I will not miss
  • the crappiest dishwasher in the world. I have to basically wash the dishes before and after I use it, I'm not sure why I even bother
  • carrying children, strollers, carseats, and groceries up stairs and through 2 sets of elevators
  • the smells on my floor - we have some interesting cooks around here
  • this carpet that shows everything!!
  • having to stuff our garbage down a tiny shoot, and trying to do it really fast while I'm holding my breath!
  • not having a vehicle (let alone a husband) for the majority of the time

So besides packing up and cleaning my entire house (I've got the stove done, that's a start right?) I'm ready to head home BUT I'll sure miss it here, this has been a fantastic summer for us and I have truly fallen in love with Edmonton.

1 comment:

Straight up now tell me...