November 8, 2010

Share A Meal Monday

We ate this meal at my in-law's for dinner last night and I want to share it with you. It's another one you can adjust to your liking and I love recipes that you just use what you have around.

Frito Casserole
1 lb hamburger
1 onion chopped
1 14 oz can tomato sauce
1 16 oz can tomato paste
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic plus
1 cup minute rice
3 1/4 cup water (sometimes I add a tad more)
Corn chips

Brown hamburger and onion, add spices, sauces, rice and water. Simmer for 20 minutes until rice is tender. 
You put a layer of corn chips on your plate and spoon the meat and rice mixture onto that. Now here's the fun part with the variation- you can top it off with whatever you'd like: tomatoes, peppers, olives, onions, cheese, sour cream and salsa - whatever! It's easy and makes quite a lot so there's usually leftovers which in my house is a BONUS!

Thanks for linking up, have a great week! 


2 comments:

  1. I mean CHOWDER--I'm a bad speller--but not that bad!! Does anybody know how to correct a mistake once its linked up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I live on my own, I make the baby dinner and then I eat a lot of sandwiches for myself... but whenever I actually make a meal, I totally check out your blog! Thanks for the recipes! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...