December 6, 2010

Share A Meal Monday

I can't believe I haven't posted since last Monday! We were away for a good part of the week so I guess that makes sense. I love shopping in the States, I think I'm going to name my next baby Target, or tattoo the word to my forehead or something. Anywaywho.

I love this recipe, but love it even MORE after I got smart. I used to try and cook the meatballs in my frying pan, carefully turning each one over while trying to keep it held together only to have all but like 3 of them completely fall apart and be left with meat-fallen-aparts instead of meatballs. Oh. My. Gosh. I was dumb.

Moving on.

Porcupine Meatballs
1 lb hamburger
1 chopped onion
1/2 cup minute rice (it has to be minute rice if you are going to cook the meatballs in the oven.)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can water
1 egg
salt and pepper


Mix hamburger, onion, egg and rice in bowl. Form into balls, place on a cookie sheet covered in tinfoil and bake in the oven (that's where I got smart!) When the meatballs are cooked put them in a frying pan and pour on the soup mixture (I usually add more tomato soup so there's a lot of sauce.) until the rice is cooked and they have simmered in the flavor! I serve this with mashed potatoes and always pour the extra sauce over them. Salt and pepper to taste.

Thanks for linking up, we've been enjoying many of your recipes and remember I've added a SAMM link on the sidebar ------->  for easy referral. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitz,

    If you use fresh hamburger that hasn't been frozen then you don't need the egg to make them stick together. When I make meatballs I have to use fresh since my Son has an egg allergy. I brown them in a frying pan...much easier than trying to flip/rotate them. I will definitely have to try baking them in the oven though. I love your 'share a meal Monday's'. Please keep them coming.

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...