January 13, 2012

faux chenille blanket for a special little girl

When Neil told me he needed to head to Edmonton this weekend I knew that if I got my act together I could have something ready to send with him to give to my BFF Sharlee who is expecting a baby any day. I enjoyed making my last faux chenille blanket so much that I didn’t have to think long about what to make for the special little lady on her way.

DSC00555

I picked out this adorable cotton print and matched 3 pinks and one cream for the fuzzy side. You can find the tutorial of how to make a faux chenille blanket on this post at made. It is definitely a time consuming project but it is enjoyable and easy. And the end result is fantastic.

DSC00550

I couldn’t decide if I wanted to do cream or black binding and had actually decided on cream but the fabric store I was at didn’t have a long enough length and had no more in the back – thank goodness! It wasn’t until a few days later I thought about doing pink and I’m so glad I did. I love the way it ties in the patterned back and looks against the chenille stripes.

DSC00551DSC00553

A faux chenille blanket is fun because although they are not necessarily a swaddling blanket, they are soft and snuggly while having enough weight to act as a car seat cover or play mat on the floor. I hope this one will have many uses and get lots of love.

DSC00554


I hope Sharlee adores this little labor of love as much as I do. And I hope she actually has a girl! :)

DSC00560

4 comments:

  1. Super cute- and it's hard to imagine the binding anything but pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got it a few minutes ago and I love it!!!!! It's beautiful, and amazing, and wonderful and I"ve never loved anything more!!! Thank you so much Meesh it's the best ever!!! You did such an amazing job on it and I can't wait to cuddle my little lady in it!! It's so great!! Oh, I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is ADORABLE!!!! I love the fabric you chose. Not babyish--just stylin. Love it. I'll have to try one of these sometime. They look so soft. :O)

    ReplyDelete

Straight up now tell me...