January 18, 2012

Naked2 FOTD and what I think so far

Since I shared with you the thrill of receiving this palette I thought I had better give you an idea (I’m not joking I just typed eyedea…) of how the Naked2 palette transfers onto the eyes. This is a simple look using a few of the new shades I am loving.

I started with my Urban Decay Primer Potion and then added Painterly paint pot to give the look a neutral base. I applied Suspect all over the moving lid with Half Baked in the center. I added Snakebite to the crease and carried it under the eye. I blended the edges with MAC Blanc Type and added Blacktrack gel liner on top and Maybelline Unstoppable liner (which btw is not unstoppable) to the waterline. I finished it off with Maybelline Volum’ Express Turbo Boost mascara.

I know this is a lot of pictures but I wanted to catch the shadow in different lights to give you the best idea of how it looks.

DSC00493DSC00494DSC00503DSC00501DSC00500DSC00504
click any photo to enlarge

The shadows in this palette, not unlike the original Naked, are very smooth and easy to use. They are highly pigmented and the shimmery shades have a beautiful finish. Like Sidecar in the first palette I find Chopper to have unnecessarily large shimmer with annoying fall out, but having said that, the shade is pretty and it is something that can be dealt with using a good primer and proper application. I found a surprise love in Bootycall, a shade that didn’t catch my eye at first. It is a frosty cream color that has such depth on the eye. It looks beautiful as an all over lid color or as a highlight. I am still experimenting with different combinations and looks but have found some real favorites here as well. As I said, so far so good!

On the rest of my face I used:
MAC Face and Body foundation
MAC Pro Longwear concealer in NW15
MAC Refined Golden bronzer (which I think is too red for my fair skin, I’m still deciding)
MAC Soft and Gentle MSF to highlight
MAC Hue lipstick (have I mentioned how much I love this shade?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight up now tell me...