February 1, 2011

SAMT

Share A Meal Tuesday right? Isn't that what I called it?

Here's my recipe for the day. Taco Soup. I have always thought that EVERYONE knows what taco soup is. It's as common as spaghetti I thought. I have been surprised at how many people we've talked to or had over that have never heard of it let alone eaten it. If you are among those that have been living under a rock I'm sharing this recipe for you. I hope you enjoy it!

Taco Soup
1 lb hamburger
1 chopped onion
1 qt bottled tomatoes
1 can kidney beans
1 can pork and beans
1 can corn (with juice)
1 16 oz can tomato sauce
1 pkg taco seasoning

Brown hamburger with onion and drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and summer for 15 minutes. Serve with nacho chips, grated cheese and sour cream.

*now this is just one recipe and you can doctor it however you like. Neil is the taco soup maker in our home and he really vamps it up - he adds a can of 6 bean medley, chick peas and all kinds of spices (you know how he likes his flavor!) so don't be afraid, make it to YOUR liking.

What have you been making lately? Please share!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Straight up now tell me...